FREEMANSBURG, Pa. - A Northampton County bridge that unexpectedly closed last week has reopened.
PennDOT says major repairs to the Freemansburg Avenue Bridge in Freemansburg borough have been completed.
Officials closed the bridge last Friday.
They say the ground underneath an abutment was washing away.
The bridge spans Nancy Run.
PennDOT says crews are still working on other minor repairs.
They're asking drivers to be careful and watch for slow-moving construction vehicles in this area for the next two weeks.
- President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business