BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Family and friends came out to support a 14-year-old Lehigh Valley boy who's battling leukemia.
They held a fundraiser for Jose "Angel" Mojica Saturday at Victory Firehouse in Bethlehem.
Angel needs a bone marrow transplant, and he recently found out that 12 potential matches have been found.
He'll be traveling to Tennessee next month to start testing to find the most compatible match.
Saturday's event raised money for that trip.
Angel was surprised by the turnout.
"It makes me good," he said. "It makes me feel cared and loved."
This is Angel's second bout with leukemia; the first time the cancer went into remission.
- Gov. Wolf signs Real ID law, expects new licenses in 2019
- Updated Man killed in crash with fire truck in Allen Township
- Marc Anthony to come 'full circle' with return to Reading
- Updated Students celebrate return of hometown hero
- Suspect who lost hand in home invasion sent to prison
- Vietnam veteran tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Pa. health officials warn of possible measles exposure
- Black bear spotted roaming Leopard country
- Updated Health Beat: HPV cancers on the rise
- PPL deploying smarter technology