OREFIELD, Pa - On Friday night community members rallied around a New Tripoli man fighting a deadly disease.
Brett Snyder, the former football star at Northwestern Lehigh High School and Lehigh University, has been battling ALS for the last 15 years.
A fundraiser was held in Orefield to help raise money for Brett, a husband and father, to undergo an experimental stem cell treatment in California.
The fundraiser brought in nearly $23,000 bringing the total to around $52,000.
The family hopes to raise at least $130,000.
If you could not attend and would still like to donate, you can do so through Hark, an ALS charity organization.
Everything is tax deductible and the family will get 100% when people donate to Hark.
Please put Brett Snyder in the check memo and mail to:
PO Box 6627
Hillsborough, NJ 08844
More information on Hark:
Tax ID #45-2768674
Bethlehem City Council's Community Development Committee forwarded an ordinance they said will be a "proactive storytelling" tool in showcasing the efficiency and effectiveness of tax-incentive programs throughout the city.Read More »
- Da Vinci Science Center changes aquarium plan to a 'better fit'
- Jury selected for Allentown Mayor Pawlowski's trial
- Residents, businesses prep for potential snow storm
- A-Treat looks for heroes to be featured on company's label
- Lehigh University names professor in sexual misconduct allegation
- Woman petitions to vacate restitution after stealing $350K from church
- Messy morning commute with steady snow early, gradually tapering
- Updated Steve Mittman's Traffic Report
- 69News Snow Patrol - regional road conditions
- Snow tapering off this morning
- Fraud, theft trending high in Cumru
- Bethlehem wants more critical look at tax-incentivized programs
- Updated Road crews out getting the job done
- Close? Delay? It can be a tough call for school districts
- Updated 5 injured in head-on crash in Limerick
- PennDOT wants drivers to cooperate, let crews do their job