The Pennsylvania Game Commission is looking for the public's help in locating a deer with a plastic food container stuck on her head that has been spotted several times in the Lehigh Valley in the last few weeks.
Wildlife Conservation Officer Shawna Burkett was first contacted about the deer on Nov. 29 when it was sighted on Jared Road in Center Valley. The next call came in on Dec. 5 when it was sighted at Black River Road in Bethlehem. The deer has also been sighted in Allentown and Emmaus.
Burkett says the game commission has made numerous attempts to capture the animal so that the container may be removed. "Even though she has this container on her head, she is very mobile," Burkett said.
Burkett is requesting the assistance from the public to help her locate the deer.
"It is important that people report the deer's location immediately and not chase her," said Burkett. "The container is preventing her from eating or drinking and time is running out."
While spread out, all sightings to date have been in the western portion of lower Lehigh County and just over the Northampton County border.
Please report any sighting of this deer to the Pennsylvania Game Commission at 610-926-3136.
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic