HANOVER TWP., Pa. - Guests at a hotel in Lehigh County had to scramble to evacuate after a gas line was struck Tuesday morning.
The incident happened around 9 a.m. at the Knights Inn and Suites, 1880 Steelstone Rd., in Hanover Township, county officials said.
The hotel was evacuated as crews worked to locate the gas leak.
According to UGI officials, the gas company received a 911 call that a third party contractor excavating on a new construction build site struck a UGI gas main line.
UGI's first responder arrived on the scene at 9:14 and immediately shut off the flow of gas.
Gas was not found in any nearby buildings, officials said, and guests were allowed to re-enter the hotel less than an hour later.
No injuries were reported.
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- NJ Gov. Christie compares opioid drug crisis to AIDS epidemic
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- 88-year-young student celebrated at ESU
- Museum field trip a donation in photographer's memory
- King Nahh comes to Northampton Area Middle School
- Does financial regulation hurt small banks?
- Health Beat: Achilles rupture: Are you at risk?
- Trump's first 100 days: Alvernia professor weighs in