EASTON, Pa. - A per diem pool offering work for licensed practical nurses and certified nursing assistants at Gracedale nursing home has been approved by Northampton County Council.
The part-time work includes no guaranteed hours and no benefits, but slightly increased pay: $24 an hour for LPNs and $16 an hour for aides, according to Gracedale administrator Millard D. Freeman.
Freeman said anyone accepted into the pool will be put on a list and called to work whenever there are openings in the schedule.
The administrator said there are 50 LPN positions and 100 aide positions.
With 2,200 hours of paid nursing care per day at Gracedale, Freeman said how much work approved applicants get will depend on how many sign up to become part of the pool.
Applications probably will be posted online Monday.
Freeman said a pool of registered nurses also will be developed.
- Updated State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- Updated Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Updated Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Fishing event makes dreams come true