BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Legendary guitarist Peter Frampton and blues icon BB King will rock the Musikfest stage this summer in Bethlehem.
The two musicians will share the Sands Steel Stage Monday, August 5 as part of Frampton's Guitar Circus.
Frampton is best known for his classic live album, "Frampton Comes Alive." He's a Grammy-winning singer, songwriter and musician who's been lead singer for the British band The Herd, and a co-founder of Humble Pie before launching a successful solo career.
As one of the most influential blues musicians of all time, King is known as "The King of the Blues." After more than six decades of performing, this multiple Grammy winner is still going strong, singing and performing around the world.
Also featured will be Sonny Landreth, whom Eric Clapton calls "probably the most underestimated musician on the planet and also probably one of the most advanced."
Tickets for Frampton's Guitar Circus are $39 and $54 and go on sale Tuesday at 10 a.m. to ArtsQuest members, and on March 15 to the public.
They'll be available at musikfest.org and at 610-332-3378.
Previously announced acts include: Carly Rae Jepsen on Fri., Aug. 2, Darius Rucker on Fri., Aug. 9 and Ke$ha on Aug. 10.
This year marks the music festival's 30th year.
- Updated Passing shower this afternoon, mainly dry next two days
- Summer recipes on the grill
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown