ALLENTOWN, Pa. - City officials in Allentown have announced that lane closures are scheduled for Hamilton Street.
Hamilton Street, from 10th Street to 15th Street, will have various lane closures beginning Monday. The closures will be from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, for milling and repaving work.
Officials say no parking signs will be posted in the daily work area from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
According to a press release, the job involves the milling of the entire road, base repair where necessary, placement of a scratch/leveling course and then completion of the final top/overlay.
Last year the existing curb ramps were replaced with new Americans with Disabilities Act compliant ramps in advance of the milling and resurfacing, according to the release.
Another section of Hamilton Street, from Sixth Street to Railroad Street will be completed later this construction season.
- President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Updated Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business