HANOVER TWP, Pa. - A seventh payment for ongoing work at Village View Park was approved Tuesday evening by the Hanover Township—Northampton County Board of Supervisors during its bi-monthly board meeting.
The sizeable payment of $255, 322.60 for the continuation of ‘phase one' construction was made to Livengood Excavators, Inc., of Walnutport upon the recommendation of the township's engineering firm Hanover Engineering Associates, Inc. of Bethlehem.
The five-member board unanimously approved the payment for the current 21-acre passive recreational park located on the east side of Airport Road in the township which was unveiled to the board in the middle of 2012.
The park's existence is made possible by land donations from the Lehigh Valley International Airport, a Northampton County open space grant, and the township's cut of state gaming revenues.
Village View is slated to include four recreational playing fields that can be used for soccer, lacrosse, and field hockey.
Two of the larger fields (approximately 110,000 square feet each) can be used for more sizeable events including international hockey exhibitions. The smaller fields (approximately 76,000 square feet each) are suitable for high school and college sports.
Township officials originally said the park would be completed by last spring.
Basilio Bonilla Jr. is getting his campaign for Lehigh County Commissioner underway.Read More »
- Mini-THON held at Allentown charter school
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Updated Cosby is in court to ask judge for outside jury for trial
- Updated Warming trend starting this afternoon, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Updated Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Boscov: An American Story
- Updated Bonilla kicks off campaign for Lehigh County Commissioner
- Flemington man sentenced for child pornography
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Updated Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies