ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Hazmat crews were called to an Allentown nursing home after a white powdery substance was found inside.
The situation unfolded around noon Wednesday, at Liberty Nursing Home at 17th & Liberty Streets.
According to fire officials, a nurse found the substance on the bathroom floor inside one of the resident's rooms.
Police say the powder was later determined to be a prescription pill that had been crushed into a powder.
The room where the powder was found was briefly evacuated.
- Updated State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- Updated Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Updated Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Fishing event makes dreams come true