The chart-topping band was founded in 1999 in Huntington Beach, Calif., and has since sold more than eight million albums around teh world.
The group's 2010 album "Nightmare" produced such hits as "Bat Country," "Beast and the Harlot," "Nightmare," and "Almost Easy."
Its most recent single is "Carry On," featured on the video game "Call of Duty: Black Ops II."
The band is currently working on a new album, due out later this year.
Avenged Sevenfold's headlining concert will begin at 7 p.m.
Tickets for the show are $49 and $59 and will go on sale to ArtsQuest members Wednesday at 10 a.m. and to the general public on Friday at 10 a.m.
Tickets are available at www.musikfest.org and 610-332-3378.
Other headliners to the Sands Steel Stage for the 30th edition of Musikfest include: Ke$ha, Styx & Foreigner, Skillet with Thousand Foot Krutch, OneRepublic, Darius Rucker, Carly Rae Jepsen, Peter Frampton & B.B. King,
- Updated Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Passing shower this afternoon, mainly dry next two days
- Updated Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley