ALLENTOWN, Pa. - It's judgement day for a man convicted in an attempted homicide case in Lehigh County.
Hector Pimental-Caban was sentenced Tuesday to 20 to 40 years in prison.
Prosecutors said he shot Derick Smith in the neck in the 900 block of Gordon Street in Allentown last June.
The shooting was followed by a five-hour standoff because police thought he barricaded himself inside a home.
Pimental-Caban was previously convicted in a murder-for-hire case in the Virgin Islands in the 1970s.
A Lehigh County man is charged with attempted homicide after a shooting Saturday.Read More »
- Coroner identifies body found under Linden Street Bridge
- Buckeye Tavern reopens 2 years after devastating fire
- Pharmacy owner shot in Whitehall robbery listed in stable condition
- Students learn emergency preparedness at Easton's Cheston Elementary
- LCCC to offer STEM classes for youth this summer
- BUSH to rock Sands Event Center this summer
- Updated New Jersey resident finds severed foot bone in sneaker
- Updated 2 white men, white woman selected for Cosby jury
- Updated Busted in Berks: Group suspected in Victoria's Secret thefts along East Coast
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart
- Updated Man dies nearly week after motorcycle crash in Spring
- Updated Health Beat: Runner's knee: 3 red flags
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading