SOUTH WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - Drivers in Lehigh County may have spotted a helicopter landing at a local high school Monday, but officials say it was all about education.
A MedEvac helicopter landed outside of Parkland High School around 1:30 p.m.
Students in the school's fire science course were then able to tour the chopper.
School officials tell us the students just wrapped up the medical portion of their training, and this gave them a chance to observe, firsthand, how crews work on-board emergency medical helicopters.
- President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading