ALLENTOWN, Pa. - The writing could be on the wall for an historic bridge in Allentown.
PennDOT is looking at lowering weight restrictions on a number of bridges.
Schreiber's Bridge on Martin Luther King Boulevard is one of them.
The weight restriction on this particular bridge is already at three tons which is the lowest restriction possible.
PennDOT says anything lower than that would result in closure.
City officials say PennDOT has not yet notified them about the change.
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Discover Lehigh Valley President addresses LVPC
- Allentown School Board considers tax hike to balance budget
- Umpire remembers Preston Rowe as 'outstanding young man'
- Berks County lawmakers explain Real ID law
- Allentown EMS crews honored