ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A Lehigh County woman has pleaded guilty to fatally shooting her 19-month-old son back in October.
Holly Pallone, 27, of Slatington, told officers she was trying to unload a handgun she planned to sell when it went off and hit her 19-month-old son in the head.
On Wednesday her lawyer told the court Pallone wanted to take responsibility for the death of Anthony Pallone Jr.
Pallone said he was using several prescriptions she bought off the street at the time of the shooting.
Sentencing is set for March 20.
She could be facing 10 years in prison.
- Updated Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Passing shower this afternoon, mainly dry next two days
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley