ALLENTOWN, Pa. - The boys of summer are back at Coca-Cola park.
Some fans say they are enjoying the new features at the park. Others say they like the traditional things like the Pork Race.
For many it was all about the food and the fun.
People also got a chance to see where all the twitter updates take place.
The Lehigh Valley IronPigs are on the field and the fans are loving it.
"I'm actually really, really, really excited to come out here today," said Jamie Sterner, from Nazareth.
"In a much bigger picture it's kind of a refreshing start for everyone," said Kurt Landes, General Manager of the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs.
There are new food stands like the Boar-Rito bar and the soon-to-open Soo-eee-t Yogurt stand.
There is also a way to look into the nerve center where all the tweets are sent out.
Pork Center is the hub for new media. Fans can watch IronPigs workers send out tweets.
The biggest hit at the park, doesn't belong to a batter at the plate.
"I waited. Filled up, made sure I put my quarters in as I called it," said Matt Bennett.
Yes, men all over the park were waiting for the new urinal video game.
"It made me want to wait in line to try it out. It's going to bring on a lot more people," added one patron.
"I got the high score, I was enjoying it," added Bennett. "Seventy-five! Everybody else was impressed, I got a high five and a round of applause in there. Which is kind of weird."
From the weird to oh-so-tasty, fans say they enjoy being back at the park.
Some say it's great to see their favorite players again.
"I like those races that have in the seventh inning with the heads. Bacon and crispy bacon and all of that. It's fun," added one fan.
The only thing to put a damper on the fun is the weather.
People say hopefully mother nature will turn up the heat soon.
Judge James Knoll Gardner died on Wednesday at his home.Read More »
- Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- U-Haul truck crashes into pole along S. Pike Avenue in Salisbury Twp.
- Lafayette College gets zoning changes needed for new College Hill dorms
- Bittner's Corner Bridge spurs Lehigh County Commissioner debate
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead
- Updated Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges