ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Jessica Adams of Allentown has pleaded guilty in the November death of her 5-year-old son.
The plea was entered Friday in Lehigh County Court.
Police charged the 25-year-old Adams with beating her son to the point of unconsciousness at her home on North 12th Street last November. The boy died at the hospital the following day.
Adams initially was charged with criminal homicide but negotiations resulted in her guilty plea on the lesser charge of murder in the third degree.
Charges of endangering the welfare of a child were dropped.
Sentencing is scheduled at 3 p.m. Aug. 19.
- Updated Today cooler, closer to seasonable with more clouds than sun
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- Updated President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Updated Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- Man shot in Allentown Friday afternoon
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges