ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Joan Madeline Kelly of Allentown has been jailed for attacking the father of her child with a knife.
The incident happened Friday night at 220 Lehigh St. in Allentown.
A man told police he came home and found 23-year-old Kelly breaking things and saying she was going to kill herself if he left her.
The two of them struggled over their daughter. Then Kelly stabbed him in the leg with a knife and jumped out a second floor window to get away from him.
Police said she was covered in blood when they arrived.
Both Kelly and the man were taken to a hospital for treatment.
Kelly said she had a protection-from-abuse order against the male.
Kelly was charged with aggravated assault with deadly weapon, simple assault and harassment.
She is in Lehigh County Prison. She is required to post 10 percent of $20,000 bail.
A preliminary hearing oh the charges is scheduled for 3 p.m. Friday before Magisterial District Judge Karen Devine.
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society