ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A court hearing Friday stemmed from a proposal to build a waste-to-energy plant in Allentown.
A group called Allentown Residents for Clean Air is suing the Lehigh County Elections Board.
The group wants voters to decide if a clean air ordinance is necessary to monitor the planned Delta-Thermo Energy plant, but the board denied the group's request for a referendum, so the group is asking a judge to overturn that ruling.
The judge heard arguments Friday from the board, the group and attorneys for Delta-Thermo.
The judge said she will issue her decision Monday.
Basilio Bonilla Jr. is getting his campaign for Lehigh County Commissioner underway.Read More »
- Mini-THON held at Allentown charter school
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Updated Cosby is in court to ask judge for outside jury for trial
- Updated Warming trend starting this afternoon, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Updated Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Boscov: An American Story
- Updated Bonilla kicks off campaign for Lehigh County Commissioner
- Flemington man sentenced for child pornography
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies