ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A murder trial is underway in Lehigh County for a man accused of brutally killing his girlfriend.
Jury selection started Monday in the trial of Jonathan Nunez, of Allentown.
Nunez got into a fight with 20-year-old Kimberly Cardona last July in a wooded area in Salisbury Township, police said.
Nunez beat Cardona unconscious and then left her in the woods while he went to an emergency room to be treated for a cut on his hand, investigators said.
Nunez later returned to the scene and slit Cardona's throat when he saw that she was still alive, officials said.
Nunez later admitted to the killing.
Memories are all that remain of a 600-year-old white oak tree that was believed to be among the oldest of its kind in the nation.Read More »
- U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- U-Haul truck crashes into pole along S. Pike Avenue in Salisbury Twp.
- Lafayette College gets zoning changes needed for new College Hill dorms
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead
- Updated Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- Updated 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- Updated 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- Updated U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges
- Arts Around Town: Allentown JazzFest joins with Allentown Art Museum in diverse programming