SOUTH WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - While all is well with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge across the pond, the same can't be said of "King George" in South Whitehall Twp., Lehigh Co.
The landmark restaurant closed almost a year ago. Now, the former owner has applied for a demolition permit.
Township officials said they need to take care of some paperwork with utility companies before the permit can be issued.
The King George Inn has roots that date all the way back to the 1700s.
A Lehigh Valley man charged in connection with a string of cell phone store robberies was in court for a preliminary hearing Wednesday.Read More »
- Pa. DEP holds IESI Landfill meeting
- Easton's new police headquarters taking shape
- Palmer receives $347K grant for Chrin Field development project
- ACCHS, Southern Lehigh boys advance to District 11-2A finals
- Pivetta, IronPigs end Indianapolis' 8-game winning streak
- The "Textalyzer" could be coming to a police station near you
- Cosby arrives for Day 3 of jury selection
- Updated Man suspected of robbing Forks Verizon store to stand trial
- Updated 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Updated Clouds and some sun this afternoon
- Updated Rain slows project, delays reopening of Route 724 in Cumru
- Boutique at the Rink 2017 kicks off next Tuesday
- Environmental group to spend $130K in governor's race
- Life Lessons: Wisdom Wednesday: Finding your authentic self
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Bethel-Tulpehocken Library anticipates major renovations