MOORE TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A 28-year-old Northampton County man has been arrested for "importing" marijuana from California and distributing it throughout the Lehigh Valley.
Kurt J. Krywonis has been charged with possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance and delivery of a controlled substance.
Additional charges are pending against him.
Krywonis had been under investigation since last year by the Northampton County Drug Task Force working in conjunction with the Colonial Regional and Moore Township police departments.
That investigation included two undercover marijuana purchases from the defendant in 2013, according to police.
Krwyonis was arrested Tuesday morning as he left his home in the 3200 block of West Beersville Road.
Police found 86.5 grams of marijuana inside the house, as well as packaging materials "and documents that outlined Krywonis's narcotics smuggling procedures."
Police said the defendant's vehicle "was scheduled to depart for California." A search of that vehicle yielded $15,000 in cash and another ounce of marijuana.
Krywonis was committed to Northampton County Prison. Bail was set at $100,000.
Judge James Knoll Gardner died on Wednesday at his home.Read More »
- Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- U-Haul truck crashes into pole along S. Pike Avenue in Salisbury Twp.
- Lafayette College gets zoning changes needed for new College Hill dorms
- Bittner's Corner Bridge spurs Lehigh County Commissioner debate
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead
- Updated Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges