FORKS TWP., Pa. - Lafayette College wants to build a new training center for its crew team on space it owns in the township.
That's according to zoning officer Tim Weis, who spoke about the project at Thursday night's supervisors work session.
The plan calls for a 4,000 square foot facility near some of the college's soccer fields on Newlins Road.
"That's where they're going to train in the winter time," Weis said.
The township planning commission has given the project its blessing.
Weis said the college will make some road improvements leading into the property.
Also Thursday, supervisors approved a resolution giving their endorsement to a grant that will pay for a new police vehicle.
The $36,000 grant comes from the Pennsylvania Gaming Commission.
- Updated Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Dry early, round of showers later today
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival right around the corner
- BK's Helping Hands lives up to the name
- Camelback Road bridge reopens