EASTON, Pa. - Lafayette College is mourning the loss of one of its students.
According to a message on the school's webpage, Amanda Miner was killed in a car crash in New York City early Thursday morning. She was back home in Brooklyn visiting family during spring break.
Lafayette College President Alison Byerly says there will be a vigil for Miner on Tuesday at 4:15 p.m. in Colton Chapel.
Miner was an anthropology and sociology major.
Byerly says there are several resources available for students who need support, including the counseling center and a student-led grief group.
- Updated Route 222 reopens after multiple vehicle crash in Richmond Twp.
- More than just cars at Lehigh Valley Auto Show
- BBB: Reading Wins First Ever State Championship
- Updated Much cooler this afternoon, some rain or drizzle
- Reading Red Knights fans out in full force for championship game
- Fire tears through vacant home in Allentown
- Arrest made in overnight Allentown shooting
- IronPigs show off 2nd largest video board in MiLB
- Fmr Russian spy shares stories of life as double agent
- Allentown man dies in motorcycle crash