ALLENTOWN, Pa. - The last of 14 beams being used to reconstruct the 15th Street bridge and the Ward Street bridge in Allentown was put in place Friday.
Each of the 160-foot long support beams was delivered to the site throughout the week, but rainy weather delayed the progress.
The bridge replacement project began with preparation for demolition last August. Work should be wrapped up by the end of this year.
- Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Fishing event makes dreams come true
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Giant issues recall of Atkins burritos, Lay's Kettle Cooked chips
- Pennsylvania launches tax amnesty program
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.