ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A local company is recalling its orange juice product because it may contain an allergen that didn't get listed on its packaging.
Lehigh Valley Dairy is voluntarily recalling orange juice -- half pints, half gallons and gallons of the Lehigh Valley brand, Swiss Premium brand half gallons and gallons, and Price Choper brand gallons.
These products may contain milk, an undeclared allergen.
Those with an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk may run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
No illnesses have been reported from this product.
According to the FDA, milk became mixed with orange juice due to a manufacturing error.
The affected product has a 'sell by' date of March 23, 2014, and was sold by retailers in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C., and Virginia.
The carton carries the following UPC codes, and the plant code 42-099.
Lehigh Valley: 7047243000
Swiss Premium: 7654500106
Price Chopper: 4173517135
Lehigh Valley: 7047249310
Swiss Premium: 765450013
Lehigh Valley Dairy: 7047243022
Consumers who purchased any of the products listed above may discard it and return the product package to the place of purchase for a full refund or exchange.
Consumers with questions can contact 1-800-587-2259 between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium