SALISBURY TWP., Pa. - Lehigh Valley Health Network is getting a new leader at the top.
Chief Executive Officer and President Dr. Ronald Swinfard announced Thursday that he is retiring.
Swinfard, 66, has been president and CEO since 2010, when he succeeded the health network's longtime president and CEO Dr. Elliot J. Sussman.
Swinfard said this is the right time to step down for his family.
"All of us eventually must decide when the time is right to move on with our lives," Swinfard said. "This is the right time for me and my family."
The health network's board of trustees named Dr. Brian A. Nester as the acting president and CEO.
Nester, who is a candidate for the position, will serve in the role while the board conducts a search that will include both internal and external candidates.
Nester currently serves as LVHN's chief strategy officer and will assume his new role July 1.
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Updated Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Updated Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley