HANOVER TOWNSHIP, Pa. - Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE) is starting the year 2018 on a strong note.
53,564 passengers traveled through ABE in February, a 15 percent increase since February 2017, according to the Lehigh-Northampton Airport Authority.
“Allegiant posted the most significant jump with their additional flights performing well, but our legacy carriers, especially Delta and United, also experienced a sharp increase in traffic for the month,” said Thomas R. Stoudt, Executive Director of the LNAA.
"Maintaining steady growth and continuing to enhance the customer experience remains paramount to achieving our mission,” said Stoudt.
ABE has experienced five consecutive months of positive passenger growth starting in October 2017.
In 2017, 692,154 passengers traveled through ABE, the highest level since 2012.
- Terrifying health scare gets couple into running
- Lehigh Valley teams going to World Finals in scholastic competition
- Toxicologists testify about Benadryl, quaaludes in Cosby retrial
- Lehigh University dissolves Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity
- Police ask retailers to be on lookout for gift card scams
- Woman finds another piece of Southwest Airlines plane debris
- PennDOT repairs hole in Hellertown Water Street Bridge
- Lower Macungie hikes fee for developers
- Democratic debate touches on hot-button issues
- Northampton County disbanding gaming authority