EASTON, Pa. - Big layoffs are on the horizon for a local newspaper.
The Lehigh Valley Media Group, the publisher behind The Express-Times and Lehigh Valley Live.com, says it is laying off 68 employees later this year.
The company says the layoffs include 22 full-time and 46 part-time employees.
It says these layoffs are part of a larger reorganization plan being implemented by the company's owners Penn Jersey Advance.
The Express-Times says it will continue publishing seven days a week.
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Fishing event makes dreams come true
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Giant issues recall of Atkins burritos, Lay's Kettle Cooked chips
- Pennsylvania launches tax amnesty program
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery