SCHNECKSVILLE, Pa. - Some local roller derby girls are going to battle it out this weekend to fight a deadly disease. The Lehigh Valley Roller Girls have a bout, or game, Saturday night.
They'll be donating money from a huge raffle to a local woman, Michelle Tsihlis and her husband, who are walking in the Susan G Komen For the Cure Three Day walk in October.
Mary Weeks, one of the Lehigh Valley RollerGirls, said, "Anybody who goes through cancer, male or female, they're tough. To have to go through something like that, and suffer any kind of a loss, whatever it may be, we want to give them our support. We're tough strong independent women and we want to support them any way we can."
The bout is Friday night at the Independence Family Fun Center in Schnecksville, Lehigh Co.
Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 at the door. Raffle tickets are 6 for $5. Prizes include gift certificates, wine baskets, and more!
- Man allegedly tries to head-butt arresting officers, damages patrol car
- Man tells police he stole mom's money as she slept
- Allentown man charged in connection with robbery and shooting
- Allentown hit-and-run victim dies week after incident
- Technical error costs company BASD contract
- Millersville women edge Kutztown in PSAC Tournament opener
- Updated Allentown hit-and-run victim dies week after incident
- Updated Near-record warmth through Wednesday with a few showers
- Updated Live at 2 p.m.: NJ Gov. Christie unveils final budget proposal
- Updated It's Fastnacht Day in Pennsylvania
- Road blocks: Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Updated Caller waits hit 2 hours at jobless centers, official says
- Updated Open house to discuss the State Hill-Berkshire Underground Transmission Line Project
- Updated UGI customers to see slight increase in gas bill
- Police arrest Hunterdon man on assault charges
- Allentown police arrest unwelcome guest outside apartment building