The Liberty boys and Northwestern girls basketball teams won big games Monday heading into the Christmas break.
In Bethlehem, the Liberty boys built a 10-point halftime lead and rolled in the second half to a 78-52 win over visiting Easton.
The victory was a nice rebound performance by the Hurricanes, who had lost for the first time on Friday to rival Freedom.
In New Tripoli, the Northwestern girls upped their record to 8-0 following a 58-54 victory over visiting Liberty.
It was another impressive victory for Northwestern against a larger school from the LVC.
The Tigers' Trista Cunningham led all scorers with 22 points. Madison Capuano paced the Hurricanes with 21 points.
- Gov. Wolf signs Real ID law, expects new licenses in 2019
- Updated Man killed in crash with fire truck in Allen Township
- Marc Anthony to come 'full circle' with return to Reading
- Updated Students celebrate return of hometown hero
- Suspect who lost hand in home invasion sent to prison
- Vietnam veteran tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Pa. health officials warn of possible measles exposure
- Black bear spotted roaming Leopard country
- Updated Health Beat: HPV cancers on the rise
- PPL deploying smarter technology