ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A local club has been named third busiest in Pennsylvania by Pollstar magazine.
Crocodile Rock, at 520 W. Hamilton St. in downtown Allentown, was ranked number three behind The Electric Factory in Philadelphia and the Sherman Theatre in Stroudsburg.
Croc Rock owner Joe Clark said rankings are based on 2011 ticket sales.
Clark said there are many factors that affect the rankings, including weather, but he said he thinks the most recent high ranking is due to his staff.
He said he's employed many of the same people for years, and customers and the performers are familiar with his employees.
"I don't know what I'd do without them," Clark added.
Clark also credited ArtsQuest with bringing more notoriety to the area and making Allentown an easier sell for incoming acts.
Richard Berkowitz of the Sherman Theatre said the theater's location, near the Poconos, with 27 million tourists each year, helped the Sherman's ranking. Berkowitz added that the theater is also easy to get to, right off I-80.
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic