ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Immigration reform is taking center stage in Allentown.
Local immigrants marched into U.S. Rep. Charlie Dent's office Wednesday afternoon. They want him to encourage his fellow House Republicans to vote in favor of a bipartisan immigration bill that passed the Senate last year.
Dent wasn't in the office Wednesday, but the group was able to voice its concerns to one of his representatives.
The congressman later released a statement, saying that he agrees changes are necessary, but he said that change is going to come in small, reasonable steps.
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe