The National Council for Home Safety and Security announced their ranking for the safest cities in Pennsylvania for 2018.
Whitehall made the list at No. 9.
The council reviewed the most recent FBI Uniform Crime Report statistics and its own population data and internal research to rank the top 10 safest areas in the state. They also based it on the number of reported violent crimes and property crimes per 1,000 people.
To note, cities with populations under 10,000 were removed from the rankings.
69 News's Jamie Stover reports on the latest on Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski's pay-to-play trial.Read More »
- Man arrested for robbing Allentown Dominoes at gunpoint
- History's Headlines: Flight to freedom
- Mayor tells jury in federal corruption trial 'I hate fundraising'
- Monster Jam revs and rocks the PPL this weekend
- Parents, students, and schools on edge after Florida shooting
- Parkland School District bus fleet hit by devastating fire
- Updated Man arrested for robbing Allentown Dominoes at gunpoint
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Rainy weather continues this weekend
- Some Poconos students to relocate Wednesday due to blessing ceremony featuring AR-15s
- Murphy promises gun control, but for now reviews policies
- Millions of BB&T customers affected by outage
- Joe Paterno movie coming to HBO
- Updated Man arrested for domestic violence assault in Fleetwood
- Degas painting missing for 9 years found outside Paris
- Florida governor speaks out on Parkland shooting