One of the founding fathers of LANTA has announced his retirement.
Armand Greco helped establish the transit agency in 1972 as a member of the Lehigh Valley Planning Commission.
He's served as LANTA's executive director for 37 years.
During Greco's time with the agency he oversaw the introduction of LANTA's Metro Service as well as the first purchase of accessible 'low floor' buses for handicapped riders.
But it's not time for Greco to kick back just yet; he'll stay on the job until January.
- Updated Curtain goes up tonight on 15th annual Freddy Awards
- Oley student killed, brother injured in crash in Ruscombmanor
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Reading postpones opening of city-owned swimming pool
- New Pa. Turnpike expects 2.3M vehicles over Memorial Day weekend
- Updated Two more suspects in Salisbury Twp. raid appear in court
- Updated Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- Updated Police in Schuylkill County investigate 'suspicious' death
- Arts Around Town: SATORI's 'Shadows of the Samurai' involves specialized art in translation
- Smucker joins bipartisan effort to combat human trafficking