SOUTH WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. - A unique place for kids to play and learn has opened in the Lehigh Valley.
Imagi Nation is located in the Dorneyville Shopping Center in South Whitehall. It's been two years in the making for owner Wendy Pitts who says she wanted to create a interactive space that had been highly requested by parents.
"It's an opportunity for them to come play, be creative, have fun," she said.
Imagi Nation is a "kid city." It is built to scale for children and includes things like a bank, grocery store, dentists office, fire and police stations.
Kids are able to role play inside the different businesses and earn money by buying and selling goods.
"We're looking at providing the Lehigh Valley with an alternative to having kids behind screens," said Pitts. "They can understand the basics of financial literacy.
Imagi Nation is open Monday-Friday and on weekends. They also rent space for birthday parties and school field trips.
The Civic Theatre in Allentown is getting ready for its next act.Read More »
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- U-Haul truck crashes into pole along S. Pike Avenue in Salisbury Twp.
- Updated Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- Updated Fund established for family of fallen Delaware trooper
- New I-80 WB closed due to an ATV and car wreck
- Updated Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Updated Health Beat: Alzheimer's or something else?
- Updated Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting