Pennsylvania's "second in command" was in town Monday honoring two schools in the Nazareth Area School District.
Lieutenant Governor Jim Cawley presented the "Governor's Award for Excellence in Academics" to Nazareth Area Middle School and Bushkill Elementary School.
This is the first year for the award, which recognizes schools for attaining a score of 90 or higher on last year's School Performance Profile.
Memories are all that remain of a 600-year-old white oak tree that was believed to be among the oldest of its kind in the nation.Read More »
- U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- U-Haul truck crashes into pole along S. Pike Avenue in Salisbury Twp.
- Lafayette College gets zoning changes needed for new College Hill dorms
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead
- Updated Feds force shore town to give more parking near beach
- Updated 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- Updated 600-year-old tree that witnessed history taken down
- Updated U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- Catnip Friends Rescue owner facing animal cruelty charges
- Arts Around Town: Allentown JazzFest joins with Allentown Art Museum in diverse programming