Lutron Electronics has been selected to replace lighting controls inside the world's most famous office building.
The Coopersburg-based lighting company nabbed the contract for "green lighting" in some office spaces inside the Empire State Building.
The company says it expects to provide total lighting energy savings of up to 65 percent.
The contract with Lutron is just part of a massive renovation project meant to reduce the historic's building's energy usage by nearly 40 percent a year.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley