Regional planning officials are weighing in on landfill expansion plans in Northampton County.
The Lehigh Valley Planning Commission is recommending that Lower Saucon Township not grant certain zoning changes.
Those changes would allow for an expansion of the IESI landfill.
The commission says the changes are inconsistent with the county's comprehensive plan.
However the commission says this isn't its final position.
Commission members are expected to discuss the issue at a meeting Thursday tomorrow night.
Lower Saucon planners voted against the zoning changes last September.
But township council has the final say.
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic