ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Police are investigating the death of a man who was found fatally shot in the 100 block of Cumberland Street Sunday afternoon.
Police were called to the area shortly after 4 p.m. for a reported shooting, and found the man dead with gunshot wounds inside a car.
Lehigh County District Attorney Jim Martin called it an "apparent homicide."
Neighbors tell 69 News they heard two pops around 4:10 p.m. and soon after they saw a swarm of police rush in.
"At about 4:10 p.m., I was coming back from the store. I saw police coming through and they were flying. When I got here, they were just putting the tape up and my mom said she heard two shots," said Tanya Monarca, who's mom lives down the street from the shooting.
Allentown Police received a call about a fight near the intersection of Cumberland St. and Constitution Dr. Sunday afternoon. But when officers arrived, the fight had already been broken up.
Police are still trying to determine if the fight and the shooting are related.
According to police, a description of a car from the fight led them to the Cumberland Gardens community.
A portion of the development Sunday was blocked off Sunday, and police confirmed they were there in connection to the shooting.
Police have not yet identified any suspects and a weapon has not yet been recovered.
The name of the victim hasn't been released, but police said the man was in his 20s.
Police believe the victim was a target. It does not appear to be a random act of violence.
- Updated Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Updated Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Passing shower this afternoon, mainly dry next two days
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley