ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A man accused of killing a teenager while he was trying to park his car in Allentown is heading to trial.
A preliminary hearing was held yesterday for Manuel Figueroa.
Officials said Figueroa shot and killed 19-year-old Daniel Velez while Velez was trying to park in the area of 7th and Gordon streets in September.
Officials said a witness saw Figueroa, but the defense said evidence will show he wasn't the one who pulled the trigger.
Lawyers for Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski were in court Wednesday, defending the mayor against a lawsuit stemming from an FBI investigation at City Hall.Read More »
- Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts lets the 'sunshine in' with its production of HAIR
- Local lawmakers have mixed reactions to Trump's tax plan
- Emmaus High School, Adidas sign 4-year contract
- 2 women in critical condition after crash near Dorney Park
- Macungie woman charged for welfare fraud
- City Center looking to refinance debt to pave way for Five City Center
- Jury begins deliberations in sentencing of Eric Frein
- Updated Crash closes Route 422 East between Mount Penn, I-176 exits
- Updated Delaware trooper fatally shot; suspect barricaded in house
- Updated Lawyers for Allentown mayor in court for suit over attorney fees
- Updated Officials warn of 'Narcan parties'
- Updated Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Updated Local lawmakers have mixed reactions to Trump's tax plan
- Updated Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Updated Emmaus High School, Adidas sign 4-year contract
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide