ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Authorities in Lehigh County have arrested a Bethlehem man who's accused of punching his girlfriend in the face and threatening to kill her.
Allentown police arrested Jose H. Cuebas, of the 900 block of Hellertown Road, Tuesday on a warrant after he allegedly attacked his girlfriend outside the Chicago Night Club off Airport Road earlier this month. District Judge Patricia Engler arraigned the 48-year-old Tuesday morning, setting bail at $50,000.
The victim told police she and Cuebas were arguing in his Ranger Rover about 12:30 a.m. Oct. 8 outside the nightclub at 1193 Airport Road, when he punched her in the face, according to court records. She told authorities that she managed to punch him back, bloodying his nose.
On the drive to Cuebas's house, he allegedly again punched the victim in the face. When they arrived, he pulled her out of the vehicle and threw her belongings into the street before driving away, according to records.
During the drive, Cuebas allegedly continued to threaten the victim telling her, "I have people" and "You are going to an early grave," police said.
Police charged Cuebas with simple assault, terroristic threats and harassment. He failed to post bail and was sent to Lehigh County Prison to await a preliminary hearing tentatively scheduled for Oct. 25.
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Updated World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- Dry early, round of showers later today
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival right around the corner