Lehigh Valley

Man arrested after allegedly pulling gun outside hotel bar

Police say gun was later tossed after car wreck

HANOVER TWP., Pa. - An Allentown man is facing assault and weapons charges after allegedly pulling a gun at a Northampton County hotel and later fighting with the police officers trying to arrest him.

Authorities responding to car crash early Sunday morning in Freemansburg arrested Alfredo Nives III in connection to threats he allegedly made earlier at the Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel and Conference Center in Hanover Township. Jacqueline M. Taschner arraigned the 27-year-old later that morning, setting bail at $150,000.

Colonial Regional police were dispatched to the hotel at 300 Gateway Drive about 12:30 a.m. Sunday to investigate a report of a man displaying a handgun after being asked to leave the bar.

Hotel staff said a man later identified as Nives was removed from the bar after allegedly trying to sneak an underage woman inside, according to court records. As security lead Nives out of the bar, a handgun allegedly fell from his waistband. Staff said he picked it up, put it back in his waistband and asked for the manager, according to records.

When told he needed to leave, Nives allegedly pulled the gun, racked the slide and told security, “I got all of you, I got all you,” while swinging the gun about. Security said Nives never pointed the gun at them. He and two other people drove away in a gray four-door sedan.

Security told police that Nives provided a New York State Department of Corrections photo ID card to get into the bar.

Freemansburg police, meanwhile, notified Colonial Regional that a gray four-door sedan had been involved in a wreck on Freemansburg Avenue, and that a man matching Nives description was involved.

When told he was under arrest, Nives allegedly threatened to kill the officers and resisted, kicking one officer in the groin and nearly punching him several times. The two Freemansburg officers struggled with Nives for several minutes until Bethlehem Township police arrived to help.

Police pepper sprayed Nives and eventually arrested him with the help of several officers.

Once in custody, Nives allegedly told authorities that the gun was only a BB gun, and that one of his passengers threw it in the bushes after the crash. Police had not recovered the gun at the time of his arrest. The two hotel security guards identified Nives as the man who pulled the gun.

Authorities charged Nives, of the 1400 block of East Susquehanna Street, with aggravated assault, terroristic threats, reckless endangerment, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, weapons possession and harassment. He failed to post bail and was sent to Northampton County Prison to await a preliminary hearing scheduled for Aug. 17.

DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

This Week's Circulars

Lehigh Valley News

Latest From The Newsroom