LYNN TWP., Pa. - A Northampton County man is facing charges in a deadly crash in Lehigh County last summer.
Alan Mannon, 66, is accused of driving the wrong way on Route 309 near New Tripoli on June 23rd and causing a head-on collision, the Lehigh County district attorney announced Friday.
The DA said Mannon, of Palmer Township, was driving north in the southbound lane as he approached Gun Club Road in Lynn Township.
He crashed head-on into a car driving south in the southbound lane.
The driver of that car, Dennis Bray, 67, of Andreas, died at the scene.
Mannon is charged with homicide by vehicle, involuntary manslaughter, reckless endangerment and several traffic offenses. The district attorney said Mannon was grossly negligent in driving in the wrong lane, leading to the crash.
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (4 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: Jeff Bolden's 69 News Traffic Report (5 p.m.)
- Updated YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Allentown
- Updated Snow days equal shortened spring break, longer school year
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Montgomery County (5 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Northampton County (5 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Lehigh County (5 p.m.)
- Updated Health Beat: Out of options: New valve saves hearts
- Lawmaker accused of abusing colleague won't seek re-election