ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Amaurys Feliz-Sanchez has been arrested on assault charges after threatening to kill his girlfriend and her children in Allentown.
The incident occurred at 7:26 a.m. Friday.
An Allentown police officer driving around 10th and Liberty streets was flagged down and directed to an apartment in the 900 block of Liberty.
A bleeding woman, who had injuries on her face and neck, came outside.
She said Feliz-Sanchez, her boyfriend, punched her in the face and choked her until she lost consciousness. She said the attack occurred inside her apartment.
The woman told the officer that Feliz-Sanchez told her he was going to kill her and her children.
She said he then ran out of the apartment, taking her keys and cell phone with him.
The victim was transported to Sacred Heart Hospital for treatment. Police report her nose was broken and she had redness and bruising on her neck that indicated she had indeed been choked.
The police criminal complaint did not reveal when and where Feliz-Sanchez was taken into custody. It states he has no current address.
The 31-year-old defendant was charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, terroristic threats, harassment and public drunkenness.
He was arraigned Friday night and committed to Lehigh County Prison, unable to post $25,000 bail.
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Updated Crash in Penn Twp. closes Rt. 183 in both directions
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose