A Northampton County man is facing DUI charges after police said he drove five miles in the wrong direction on Interstate 78.
It all began around 8:40 p.m. Thursday when Richard Quick left the Sands Casino in Bethlehem and drove onto I-78, driving east in the westbound lanes, police said.
Officers stopped Quick, 54, of Waterford Terrace, Williams Twp., Northampton Co., near Route 33 after he drove the wrong direction for more than five miles, police said.
Quick was arrested on suspicion of DUI and taken for a blood test.
- Millersville women edge Kutztown in PSAC Tournament opener
- Nazareth and Easton girls set up all-EPC District final
- Pottsville, East Stroudsburg North to play for 5A title
- Anti-Semitic threats across Pennsylvania provoke response
- Man arrested for robbing Easton convenience store
- Pending home sales down nationally, but up in the Lehigh Valley
- Time to get your fill of fastnachts
- Nearly record warmth today and tomorrow with a few showers
- Christie set to unveil final budget proposal as governor
- Updated Police: Nurse recorded videos of naked patients
- Woman assaulted, robbed and bound in closet for 4 days
- Life Lessons: Does your body language say you are leadership material?
- Road Blocks - Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Local tree service companies face busy week after storm
- Technical error costs company BASD contract
- Berks County withdraws support of 2017 Reading 120 bicycle race