ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Allentown police are investigating a stabbing on the city's east side Tuesday morning.
According to police, a man was found with multiple stab wounds in his apartment in Overlook Park, in the 300 block of North Bradford Street, around 9:30 a.m.
The victim, who police say is in his 70s, was found when someone arrived to make a delivery. Neighbors tell 69 News the person was delivering medications.
He was taken to St. Luke's University Hospital in Fountain Hill where, as of Tuesday noon, he was still in surgery and in serious condition.
Neighbors tell 69 News the man lived alone.
Police said it is unclear when the stabbing happened or how long the man was there before he was found.
Authorities are also not sure if the victim was targeted.
Lehigh County District Attorney Jim Martin was at the scene briefly Tuesday, but did not release any more information.
Hellertown's Water Street Bridge was closed Thursday after a hole opened up right in the middle of it.Read More »
- Police: Car involved in Palmer Township crash was reported stolen
- Fired! YEA board denies ex-director's resignation, fires him amid misconduct allegations
- SouthSide Arts & Music Festival is back in Bethlehem
- Salisbury High School dismisses early due to power outage
- Police find overturned car, snapped utility pole, but no driver
- Upper Macungie zoning amendments address farm-based entertainment
- Updated Fired! YEA board denies ex-director's resignation, fires him amid misconduct allegations
- Updated Police: Car involved in Palmer Township crash was reported stolen
- Southwest plane rescuer: 'God created a servant heart in me'
- Updated Water Street Bridge in Hellertown closed after hole opens up in deck
- Updated Annual 'Go Fly a Kite Day' set for April 28 in Bern
- Cosby defense loses 5th bid for mistrial
- Updated PHOTOS: Pieces of Southwest Airlines plane found in Berks
- Better than a beach photo: Christie spends $85K on portrait
- Mount Pocono man wanted for homicide in Wayne County
- Shoppers sad to say bye-bye to Bon-Ton; 'I'm very upset'