BETHLEHEM, Pa. - A Bethlehem man who was arrested on attempted homicide charges following a standoff involving his infant son is heading to trial.
Andy Diaz waived his preliminary hearing Wednesday morning. Police said he shot a man in March in the 300 block of South New Street. The victim survived.
Diaz was on the run until July when, police said, he took his infant son from the child's mother and barricaded himself inside an apartment on East Third Street. He surrendered a short time later, and the baby was not hurt.
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Updated World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- Dry early, round of showers later today
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival right around the corner