ALLENTOWN, Pa. - A man was found fatally shot early Wednesday at a business in Allentown, police said.
Officers were dispatched to a business in the 600 block of Nelson Street, just off Hanover Avenue, after a woman called police around 2 a.m. and asked them to check on the welfare of her boyfriend.
Police subsequently found the body of Eric Ervin inside a trailer behind his Aces High Auto Detailing Shop, apparently the victim of a car deal that went bad.
The owner of the building said Ervin, 41, of Coopersburg, Lehigh Co., was in line to sell a BMW to a man driving in from New York.
What led to the shooting is still not known, but shortly before 9 a.m. Wednesday, a person of interest was apprehended at North 3rd and Walnut streets in Reading.
The man's name has not been released, but Berks County District Attorney John Adams said he is facing a weapons charge in Berks County in addition to whatever charges he may be facing in Lehigh County.
An investigation is underway by the coroner's office and the Allentown Police Department, with assistance from Reading police, the Lehigh County District Attorney Jim Martin and the homicide task force.
- Updated Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten