ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Police are investigating the shooting of a man near Ridge Avenue and Gordon Street in Allentown.
Initial reports were that the wounded victim had been shot twice, once in the arm and once in the chest, shortly before 4 p.m. Thursday.
The victim was transported to a local hospital.
Police said the man had been shot multiple times. They had no information about his condition.
Within an hour of the shooting, police had a 17-year-old suspect in custody.
The shooting appears to have occurred inside a laundromat on Ridge Avenue.
Witnesses on the scene told 69 News an altercation that began outside moved into the laundromat.
Police remain on the scene.
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic